Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a late clinical-stage pharmaceutical company discovering and developing targeted therapeutics in disease areas of inflammation and immuno-oncology. Our primary focus is anti-inflammatory product candidates targeting SH2-containing inositol-5′-phosphatase 1, or SHIP1, which is a key regulator of an important cellular signaling pathway in immune cells, known as the PI3K pathway. Aquinox’s lead drug candidate, AQX-1125, is a small molecule activator of SHIP1 suitable for oral, once daily dosing. In September, 2016, we began enrolling patients in a Phase 3 clinical trial in our lead indication, Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome (IC/BPS). Other indications are under consideration for future investigation. Aquinox has a broad intellectual property portfolio and pipeline of preclinical drug candidates that activate SHIP1. For more information, please visit www.aqxpharma.com.
Aquinox is publicly traded on NASDAQ (AQXP) with offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada and in San Bruno, CA, USA.
The Location of the Position:
This position will be located in our Vancouver, BC office.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Information Systems, the Technologist, Information Systems will be responsible for ensuring smooth day to day IT operations through providing superior customer support and assisting in the development of sophisticated analysis of IT tools/techniques. Overtime, the successful candidate will work on Project Management in various capacities and may grow into a supervisory role.
The Technologist will:
- Provide Tier I and Tier II technical support for employees, building and maintaining excellent relationships and responding to requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Research and propose solutions to in-depth technical problems
- Coordinate ongoing employee Authorization Rights, granting and reporting on systems and data access in accordance with approved policy
- Maintain inventory records of all IT hardware and software; coordinate deployment of standard IT inventory to approved levels per policy, including decommissioning and disposal of end-of-lifecycle equipment
- Perform Disaster Recovery operations including testing, planning, backing up systems, and arranging for offsite storage
- Work with external IT service providers to manage Service Level Agreements and risks to systems and service, including performance/availability/security monitoring and maintenance of the network infrastructure
- Act as a team member for a variety of projects, including, assisting with, planning, development of requirements, drafting and reviewing Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals, process mapping, implementation planning, testing, training and status reporting
- Other duties as assigned; availability for after hours on-call support may be required
What you bring:
- Minimum 2-year diploma in Computer Information and Microsoft Certification Solutions Expert (MCSE) or 4-year Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience with:
- Desktop Hardware troubleshooting
- Windows 7/10
- Mac OSX
- Networking (wifi, Ethernet)
- Internet Security
- Microsoft Office application support
- Microsoft SharePoint & Visual studio
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Mobile phone support
- Professional, positive attitude with demonstrated superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with people from different groups with varying degrees of technical experience
- Strong analytical and independent problem solving skills, balanced with judgement to escalate issues as needed
- Good communication skills; ability to express technical concepts effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to multitask and collaborate in a busy team-oriented work environment
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to accurate and high-quality work
- Interest in IT Project management or experience in IT Project Management is an asset
Our current clinical trials, exceptional team, and strong track record make it an excellent time to seize this exciting opportunity! We provide a collaborative and innovative environment with competitive incentive packages and rewards. Moreover, we provide the opportunity to partake in meaningful work.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating why you feel you are a fit for the Senior Technologist, Information Systems role at Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.